- Examination (provide the stool sample)
- Vaccination and Rabies shot
- Ear drops
- Fleas & ticks prevention
- Heartworm prevention
Dog License in your local County
For Franklin County - https://doglicense.franklincountyohio.gov/dogs/dogsmenu
- Chocolate/chocolate cookies
- Grapes and raisins
- Chicken bones
- Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips (contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning)
- Potato peelings and green looking potatoes
- Rhubarb leaves
- Moldy/spoiled foods
- Yeast dough
- Coffee grounds, beans & tea (caffeine)
- Hops (used in home brewing)
- Tomato leaves & stems (green parts)
- Broccoli (in large amounts)
- Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars
- Xylitol (sweetener often found in sugar-free gum and candy)
- Macadamia nuts
- Apple seeds
- Apricot pits
- Cherry pits
- Peach pits
- Raw/Undercooked Meat, Eggs and Bones
- Junk food (that we are not suppose to eat too much)
- Milk (caused diarrhea and other digestive upset)
Common plants: Daffodil, foxglove, bittersweet, day lily, delphinium, Easter lily, elderberry, English ivy, holly, hyacinth (bulbs), iris, lily of the valley, mistletoe, narcissus, oaks (shoots, leaves), poinsettia, potato, rhododendron, sago palm, wisteria, yew.
Dangerous household items:
- Cocoa mulch
- Chemicals used on lawns and gardens, such as fertilizer and plant food
- Cedar and other soft wood shavings
- De-icing salts
- Insect control products, such as the insecticides used in many over-the-counter flea and tick remedies,
- Human medications such as pain killers (including aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen), cold medicines, anti-cancer drugs, anti-depressants, vitamins, and diet pills can all be toxic to animals.
- Leftovers such as chicken bones easily shatter and can choke a cat or dog.
- String, yarn, rubber bands, and even dental floss are easy to swallow and can cause intestinal blockages or strangulation.
- Toys with removable parts
For more information about common household dangers, see The American Veterinary Medical Association's Pet Owner's Guide to Common Small Animal Poisons.
The HSUS recommends that pet owners use all household products with caution and keep a pet first-aid kit and manual readily available. The HSUS puts out a first-aid book in conjunction with the American Veterinary Medicine Association entitled Pet First Aid: Cats and Dogs. If all of your precautions fail, and you believe that your pet has been poisoned, contact your veterinarian or emergency veterinary service immediately. Signs of poisoning include listlessness, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle tremors, lack of coordination, and fever.
The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center operates a hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 888-426-4435 for a fee of $45 per case. If you call, you should be prepared to provide the following information: the name of the poison your animal was exposed to, the amount and how long ago; the species, breed, age, sex, and weight of your pet; and the symptoms the animal is displaying. You'll also be asked to provide your name, address, phone number, and credit card information.
Bitter Apple (in most of the pet stores): a solution to spray on things that you don’t want a dog to chew. No harm to the puppy. When dog tries to chew shoes, furniture, or you, use a toy to switch his attention.
Other information can be found in the Websites listed in this document or on the Internet.